Welcome to SPARS!
Welcome to SPARS - SAMHSA’s Performance Accountability and Reporting System.
The SPARS website supports grantees from the following Centers in reporting timely and accurate data to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA):
• Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT)
• Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS)
• Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP)
SPARS supports SAMHSA in meeting requirements of the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) of 1993 and the GPRA Modernization Act of 2010.
SPARS is a robust and user-friendly website with features to improve efficiency, accuracy, and productivity. For example, the data entry module allows grantees to easily enter Center-specific GPRA data, and the data visualizations allow grantees and Government Project Officers (GPOs) to view that data in a sophisticated and intuitive graphical representation.
SPARS also offers multiple options for support:
• Training (located under the “Training” tab) provides live and pre-recorded training on data collection, management, and utilization for discretionary grantees.
• Technical Assistance Request System (located under the “Technical Assistance” tab) addresses questions or concerns about the collection, submission, and analysis of CSAT GPRA data.
Note: This system is currently only available for CSAT.
• Resource Library (located under the “Technical Assistance” tab) includes materials to support data collection, management, and utilization needs for all three Centers.
• Data Collection Tool Resources Library (located on the SPARS Home page) includes key data collection tools and supporting FAQs, Q by Qs, guides, and codebooks for all three Centers.
Note: This library is available without logging in.
• FAQs (located under the “Help” tab) provide answers to frequently asked questions about SPARS.
For more information about using SPARS, please contact the SPARS Help Desk toll-free at 1-855-322-2746 from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday (except holidays); or email SPARS-Support@rti.org.