Updates on SAMHSA’s revised CSAT GPRA Tool
Thank you for your continued dedication to meeting your grant program’s purpose, goals, and objectives to address the behavioral health needs of your community and the nation. SAMHSA has created a new version of the CSAT Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) Client Outcome Measures for Discretionary Programs tool (GPRA Tool; OMB 0930-0208). The new tool is intended to reduce administrative burden and improve data quality.
This announcement includes important information about implementation of the tool including links to the final tools and implementation timelines.
The final version of the new GPRA Tool is currently available in SPARS using the links below.
English version of CSAT GPRA Tool:
Spanish version of CSAT GPRA Tool:
Key dates for transitioning to the new tool are as follows:
- Interviews using the expiring GPRA Tool must be completed on or prior to December 9, 2022.
- Data entry into SPARS for any interviews in the expiring tool must be entered into SPARS by noon ET on January 3, 2023.
- No interviews using the expiring GPRA Tool should occur after December 9, 2022.
- No data entry into SPARS for the expiring tool will be allowed after January 3, 2022.
- Interviews using the new version of the GPRA Tool should start on December 10, 2022.
- The SPARS system will allow data entry and batch upload using the new tool as of January 4, 2023.
- No data entry or batch upload using the new tool can be made until January 4, 2023.
Information on upcoming training for the new CSAT GPRA tool is also available, please see the SPARS Announcements for information on how to register.