Training on SAMHSA’s updated CMHS IPP and NOMs Services Tools
Thank you for your continued dedication to meeting your grant program’s purpose, goals, and objectives to address the behavioral health needs of your community and the nation. The SPARS team is hosting two live training sessions on the new versions of the CMHS data collection tools – the Infrastructure Development, Prevention and Mental Health Promotion (IPP) Result Form and National Outcome Measures (NOMs) Client-Level Measures for Discretionary Programs Providing Direct Services tool (Services Tool; OMB 0930-0285). The new tools are intended to reduce administrative burden and improve data quality.
This announcement includes links to register for an upcoming training session to learn more about the new tools.
Register for an Upcoming Training Session
Live training sessions for these new tools will occur on Tuesday, September 27 at 2-4pm ET and Thursday, September 29 at 10:30am-12:30pm ET. These training sessions are open to all CMHS Grantees, SPARS users, and Government Project Officers (GPOs) responsible for collecting and submitting program-level IPP data and/or client-level NOMs Services Tool data. Registration is required. Please register using the buttons below. Both trainings cover the same content, so you can choose the session that works best for you.
As part of each session, we will:
- Discuss the importance of the data, how it is used, and why the tools changed.
- Provide a high-level overview of the tool changes, timeline, requirements, and process for use and submission.
- Walk through the main sections of the new tools (paper version), followed by details on NOMs Section G program-specific questions.
- Focus on the timeline, resources, next steps, and answering questions.
- Share several resources including:
- Word and PDF versions of the new tools
- Question-by-Question Guide
- Crosswalk that compares the expiring NOMs Services Tool to the new version
- Quick Reference Guide that pulls all of the most important information into one location
- Codebook for the NOMs Services tool.
Please register for the live trainings using the following links.
Tuesday, 9/27 at 2-4pm ET
Thursday, 9/29 at 10:30am-12:30pm ET
A recording of the training, the slides, a written transcript, and a Q&A document will be available on SPARS shortly after the webinar.
Training on data entry and batch upload in SPARS using the new tool are expected to be available in November and December.
Would you like to submit questions in advance? You can use the link below. We will aim to make sure that they are covered by our training and include them in the Q&A document that is posted afterwards.
We look forward to your participation!
The SPARS Team
For help registering or tech support during the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.